Re: Gtk version getting closer

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Gtk version getting closer
Date: 15 Nov 2002 23:18:33 +0000

David Masterson <address@hidden> writes:

> The MS-Windows users, for instance, might prefer a "What's this?"
> command to have the tooltip only popup when requested

This does not seem to be a universal thing on MS-Windows. I had to
look very hard to find a program that had this feature, and that
program did not have a menu bar (just a dialog interface). The "What's
this?" command seems to be in addition to tooltips in that case, and
gives a 5 - 10 line pop-up that looks more like what C-h k would
produce.