Re: Potential redisplay problem [Re: Recursive load of mule-util.elc]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Potential redisplay problem [Re: Recursive load of mule-util.elc]
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 20:34:17 -0500

    I don't mean to do that in general, but to add such a
    suppressing code somewhere in this calling sequence:
    >     message_with_string -> message3 -> message3_nolog
    >   ->  echo_area_display -> redisplay_mode_lines ->
    >   ->  display_mode_lines -> display_mode_element

I think it would work to make this code

          /* If the display update has been interrupted by pending
             input, update mode lines in the frame.  Due to the
             pending input, it might have been that redisplay hasn't
             been called, so that mode lines above the echo area are
             garbaged.  This looks odd, so we prevent it here.  */
          if (!display_completed)
            n = redisplay_mode_lines (FRAME_ROOT_WINDOW (f), 0);

bind redisplaying_p in the same way redisplay_internal does.