Re: Problems with new GDB toolbar

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Problems with new GDB toolbar
Date: 19 Nov 2002 10:24:06 +0900

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
> One problem is that the "arrow" is in the fringe; if we want to put
> user-defined icons in the fringe, we would need a way to display the
> arrow on top of those icons...

The GUI debugger I previously mentioned does this by having an icon for
exactly that case, which shows both the arrow and the breakpoint symbol
combined.  To make this work, the breakpoint icon is a `fat' shape (a
stopsign shape), and the arrow is thinner than the emacs arrow (more
like a real arrow, not just a triangle), so that overlaying them works
pretty well.

[I think the emacs fringe-arrow could do with some change anyway; the
current one is pretty ugly...]

-Miles
--
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
  --Albert Einstein