Re: cc-vars.el

From: Martin Stjernholm
Subject: Re: cc-vars.el
Date: 19 Nov 2002 22:58:50 +0100

Miles Bader <address@hidden> wrote:

> /.../  A few extra fboundp checks at load-time are so utterly
> inconsequential that it's hardly worth worrying about the possibility that
> they might be generated in some cases.

What makes you think they are restricted to load time code?

> Do you have _real_ examples of a case where this method causes problems?
> If not, we shouldn't waste time wondering if there _might_ be some -- this
> simply isn't a very important issue.

I got bugged by users enough to come up with the whole cc-bytecomp
kludge, at least. What would be the problem of adding a macro in the
bytecomp environment to control the warning aspect only? That has to
be simpler than recognizing the if-form. It's not like it's an
either-or issue between two irreconcilable solutions.