Re: Two changes to tooltip.el (proposal)

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Two changes to tooltip.el (proposal)
Date: 20 Nov 2002 12:46:51 +0100

Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:

> (defun tooltip-identifier-from-point (point)
>   "Extract the identifier at POINT, if any."
>   (save-excursion
>     (goto-char point)
>     (gud-find-c-expr)))

Maybe this would be safer:

        (if (fboundp 'gud-find-c-expr)
            (gud-find-c-expr)
          ... old tooltip-identifier-from-point code goes here ...
          )

> ... `server print' ...

Very nice!

I haven't been able to find any documentation on the "server" prefix;
what does it mean?  Is it related to the gdbserver program?  In that
case, does it change the semantics of the print command so that
debugging a program via gdbserver may not work properly with the change?

Even if it is harmless, are you sure "server print" is supported by
all gdb versions (do we care -- probably most systems running emacs 21.x
also have a fairly new version of gdb ?)