Re: Bold by moving pixels problem

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Bold by moving pixels problem
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 08:01:42 +0200 (IST)

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Robert J. Chassell wrote:

> I would like everything with bold to be `normal' weight; I then use
> color to indicate bold.  With this laptop screen, that works best.

The issue of transforming face attributes has come up before.

I think it would be a good feature to be able to tell Emacs that a certain
face attribute should be displayed as some other attribute.  An example of
bold being displayed in some distinct color is a good case in point.

Many telnet clients which run on color displays already do that.  The
MS-DOS port of Emacs before v21.1 actually implemented that by redefining
the bold and italics faces in the DOS-specific startup files.