Re: Building Emacs with Cygwin

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Building Emacs with Cygwin
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 22:31:42 +0100

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 14:52:17 -0500
Joe Buehler <address@hidden> wrote:

> What's 21.1 RC?  The emacs I am using under Cygwin is built from the 21.2
> tar.gz.

Currently, the Emacs in the CVS has two main branches: the HEAD branch (or
"trunk"), where new development is happening, and the EMACS_21_1_RC
branch, from which the bugfix-only 21.3 will be released (hopefully) soonish,
and which is in some sort of feature-freeze.

You should send the patches against one or both versions (though I'm not
sure if there's still time to include such a configuration patch into
the RC).

On the Savannah page (http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=emacs) you can
find directions to get anonymous access to the Emacs CVS.

Thanks,

--
Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>