RE: make bootstrap fails with newest CVS sources - 2002-11-25

From: Ben Key
Subject: RE: make bootstrap fails with newest CVS sources - 2002-11-25
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 10:51:09 -0500

  > Reverting lisp/emacs-lisp/cl-macs.el to revision 1.34 (where cl-macs
  > doesn't require help-fns) makes bootstrap proceed again.

I agree that reverting cl-macs.el to the earlier revision appears to resolve
the problem with make bootstrap.  However, the last time cl-macs.el was
changed was more than 8 weeks ago.  Up until last Thursday night I was doing
a make bootstrap on Emacs once or twice a day and everything worked fine.
Therefore I must conclude that the last change to cl-macs.el was not the one
that broke make bootstrap.  By reverting cl-macs.el we are only hiding the
problem, not solving it.  Something else changed in the last 5 days to break
make bootstrap.

At this time I do not have the time or the resources required to determine
what change really is the culprit, but I feel that it is important that we
make that determination.