Re: Mac OS X: Rebuild Require after Security Update 2002-11-21

From: Andrew Choi
Subject: Re: Mac OS X: Rebuild Require after Security Update 2002-11-21
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 10:29:42 -0700

Steven Tamm <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]  So I think the problem may be with vfork not correctly cleaning
> up after itself if the process goes kablooy.  Andrew, did you report a
> radar issue associated with this?

Hi Steven,

No.  The problem and fix were submitted by Nozomu Ando on
emacs-pretest-bug a while ago.  I thought it was acceptable to just use
fork so I left it at that.  I have not received reports of other
problems related to this one.

Would you like me to write a bug report to the darwin lists?  Seems like
they know about the problem with vfork but perhaps we can remind them.

Andrew.