Re: add-log.el: Indenting broken.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: add-log.el: Indenting broken.
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 18:52:11 -0500

> The last commit to add-log.el introduce an annoying bug.  Now each
> time you hit TAB it moves a "column" (where column is where the next
> space is in the above row), instead as before it would just indent one
> literal TAB and stop.

I do see this change indeed between the RC code and the trunk,
but the last commit has not made any difference in this respect.
The change was introduced when I changed the default setting
of indent-line-function in indent.el (many months ago).

I didn't notice that it changed the behavior of change-log-mode,
but now that I see it I'm wondering if it's a bug or a feature.
What do people think ?

        Stefan