Re: make bootstrap fails with newest CVS sources - 2002-11-25

From: Gord Peters
Subject: Re: make bootstrap fails with newest CVS sources - 2002-11-25
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 02:01:21 -0500

I just tried to compile emacs on Mac OS X and I ran into the problem where "make bootstrap" fails with the following message:

. . .

Recursive `require' for feature `help-fns'
make[1]: *** [bootstrap-emacs] Error 255
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

I did a bit of digging and found that the change which causes the problem is in lisp/cus-face.el (between version 1.29 and 1.30). I'm not sure why this causes the problem, or what the proper way to fix it is, but reverting back to version 1.29 of cus-face.el at least allowed me to compile successfully on Mac OS X.

        Gord

PS. I'm not subscribed to this list so if you have any responses, please CC me on them.