Re: TODO additions

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: TODO additions
Date: 28 Nov 2002 10:43:26 +0900

Francesco Potorti` <address@hidden> writes:
> Then I suggest dropping support for Motorola Delta 147.  It is sad,
> because I wrote src/m/delta.h and that was my first work on Emacs :-(
>
> But the box is very old now, and since the fastest processor on them
> that I know of was a 25MHz Motorola 68040, I don't think that anyone
> ever tried to compile and run Emacs 20 on them.  Emacs 19 was already a
> really big program for that box.  In fact, the last Emacs version
> reported to work is 19.26.

I don't know about the Delta, but I compiled emacs 20 on one of the old
HP machines the FSF had, which I think used a 25MHz* 680x0, and it ran
just fine (I used it every day; it took untold ages to compile though).

I'd really be curious to see how the emacs 21 display engines fares on
such a machine.

-Miles

* I mean `geech'; somebody please correct me if I'm wrong!
--
Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it
has to be us.  -- Jerry Garcia