Re: problem with utf-8 encoding in Gnus

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: problem with utf-8 encoding in Gnus
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 23:21:44 +0100

This came up on the Gnus development list, but I believe it is a
generic Emacs problem, so please move the discussion to
address@hidden  The problem is that some fontsets doesn't
contain all characters, and that users then will have to change
fontset. Generally, I think users want the application (Emacs) to find
a better fontset that actually has the character instead, since it
seems no single fontset is applicable in all situations.

Any chance of getting this supported seamlessly in Emacs?  Does the
Unicode Emacs branch address this problem in any way?