Re: emacsclient not working anymore on Mac OS X

From: dme
Subject: Re: emacsclient not working anymore on Mac OS X
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 13:05:00 +0000

* address@hidden [2002-11-29 20:15:21]
> Since upgrading to 10.2.2 and recompiling emacs from cvs (21.3.50), I
> find that emacclient no longer connects to a running carbon emacs.
> For example
>
> emacsclient --no-wait +100 file.tex
> emacsclient: can't find socket; have you started the server?

I'd guess that you are using the old fink version of emacsclient and
the new cvs version of emacsserver.  Emacsclient/server has been
modified to truncate hostnames at the first `.', which means that the
name of the unix domain socket changed.  If you have an old
emacsclient binary in your path (/sw/bin/emacsclient, for example) it
will not find the new socket.