Suggestion: split grep functionality out of compile.el

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Suggestion: split grep functionality out of compile.el
Date: 01 Dec 2002 01:09:37 +0100

I have been looking at the grep functionality and it is natural for it
to utilize the compile.el functionality, but I don't see why it has to
be so closely nit into the compilation facility that it shares the
same file and customization group `compilation'.

I would suggest splitting out the grep functionality into a new file
grep.el, and make a new customization group for it `grep'.

Does anyone object to me doing this?