Re: [Emacs-orgmode] checkable items which don't show up in agenda

From: Piotr Zielinski
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] checkable items which don't show up in agenda
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 14:08:06 +0100

Hi,

It seems that different people use TODOs in different ways.  For
example, I use TODOs at the very lowest possible level to indicate the
next action in a particular project.  That said, I'd welcome some
hierarchical propagation of TODO, as it is with tags.  One can imagine
using two kinds of todos: TODO and NEXTACTION.  TODO would be attached
to (high-level) projects I'm currently interested in doing, whereas
NEXTACTION attached to the low-level nodes of the tree that correspond
to the next physical action to take.  The agenda could be configured
in such a way to display only these NEXTACTIONs that have an ancestor
marked as TODO.  Note that this is already possible with tags.  Is it
sensible to make org.el treat TODOs as a any other tag?

To make most of org-mode, I think it would be very useful to compare
how people actually use it.  I'm sure I could learn a lot of useful
things from such an exchange, and would be surprised by the variety of
organizing structures people use.  The best way to achieve that is
probably to post deprivatized sample parts of our .org files with a
short explanation.  What place do you think is the best: this email
list? some wiki? something else?

Piotr