Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Re: [David O'Toole] Fwd: Re: org-publish future ?

From: Michael Olson
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Re: [David O'Toole] Fwd: Re: org-publish future ?
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 10:38:45 -0400

> Yes, this is certainly true.  ascii-to-xxx converters can certainly
> help you to write your first LaTeX document.  However, they don't
> encourage to grow into that language at all, so to some extend they
> are a dead end.

I disagree.  It would give people an excellent foundation that they
can build upon, since they can examine the output from that publishing
routine to learn LaTeX.  When they come across limitations of the
current LaTeX publishing implementation, they will search for
supplemental information.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not proposing that anyone actually implement
this for Org, I'm just defending the hypothetical existence of such a
publisher.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: Emacs Lisp, text markup, protocols -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net