Re: [Emacs-orgmode] exporting typefaces

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] exporting typefaces
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 12:21:46 +0200

On Jun 6, 2006, at 16:55, Austin Frank wrote:

Looking through a few O'Reilly books on my shelf, I see that different
should enter input in example code.

Yes, that is true, O'Reilly books use some excessive styling - I guess it makes sense in these cases.

Generalizing the emphasis stuff is tricky, and I am worried that the regular expressions will match unintentionally.

However, I have now made this configurable, a test version is at

http://www.astro.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org/org-testemphasize.zip

In this version you can configure your own text styling through the option `org-emphasis-alist'. Before I release this, some tweaking of the other new option `org-emphasis-regexp-components' might be necessary. In that option you can also define the number of newlines you wish to allow in a single emphasized expression (default is one for now, don't increase this too much because of a potentially significant performance penalty). Also you can ask for stacked styling in that variable.

For now, stacked styling is turned off by default.

- Carsten