Re: [Emacs-orgmode] org-publish future ?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] org-publish future ?
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 13:24:10 +0100

"Xavier Maillard" <address@hidden> writes:

> I was looking on emacswiki searching for publish engines for
> Emacs. Actually, I have found at least three of them:
>
> 1. muse
> 2. emacs-wiki
> 3. bhl

Since you mentionned BHL, let me talk a bit about it.

BHL is quite *old* and buggy - it was my first elisp attempt and it
grew up into something too complicated.  Additionnally, BHL support
for the Wiki behavior is not as good as muse's one, so i would only
recommand to use BHL for single document.  And since BHL is a tool for
*exporting* files (not publishing them), this wiki behavior isn't
necessary anymore.

In a (no so) near future, i plan to rewrite BHL so it concentrates on
some functionnalities that are not muse priorities.  For instance, i'd
like BHL to implement a way of inserting readable bibtex references
(working with reftex), indexes and footnotes.  BHL should also remain
a tool for creating human-readable files, excluding any form of
explicit markup.

--
Bastien