Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Possible bugs

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Possible bugs
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 20:59:42 +0200

Hi Bastien,

On Jun 10, 2006, at 18:20, Bastien wrote:

Trying to customize org-emphasis-alist to use strike-through
fontification, i've been manually setting this:

(setq org-emphasis-alist
  '(("*" bold "<b>" "</b>")
    ("/" italic "<i>" "</i>")
    ("_" underline "<u>" "</u>")
    ("=" shadow "<code>" "</code>")
    ("+" (:strike-through t) "<code>" "</code>")))

I had no idea that this might work, this is great, thanks for pointing this out. I'll fix the customization code to accept this.

* The ?" char acceptable in links, which sometimes produces strange
  results.

If someone quotes a link "http://like.this"; then the last `"' is
fontified as part of the link.

I guess quotes are allowed as parts of a link, so there is no way I could tell, could I?
A workaround would be to write "[[http://like.this]]";.
What does this have to do with the question mark?

You should never have both in a buffer, just one is allowed.  The
result of putting both is not well defined.

Okay.  Using both was quite natural to me, and no strange behavior so
far.

What "natural" behavior would you have expected by having both? Maybe there is a good way to define what should happen in this case?

Any gnus expert around here?  I have not idea why and how this might
happen.

I'm not a Gnus expert but i'll try to track down this bug further.
I let you know.

Thanks.

What is an image buffer?  I buffer visiting a (for example) .jpg
file?

Yes.  IMHO org-store-link in such a buffer should only store the
*file*, without inserting the image itself in the link.

OK, I will do this.  I guess these would be buffers in `image-mode'.

- Carsten