Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Can org.el replace planner?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Can org.el replace planner?
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 12:32:14 +0100

Leon <address@hidden> writes:

> Currently I'm using planner as my daily tasks organizer. I'd like to
> try org.el, but I can't figure out what is it good for? So here is the
> question: can org.el replace planner? Could you give a scenario where
> org fits?

I've been using planner (and emacs-wiki then muse) for nearly two
years.  I'm now using org.el and the switch was quite easy.

I think one of the advantages of org.el over planner is that each task
is a *heading* so that you can store additionnal information under the
task.  With planner, this additionnal informations are stored within
the project file -- reaching them is not as straightforward as it is
with org.el.

More generally, org.el appears to be more flexible, so you can adapt
it to whatever kind of project do you have.

Best,

--
Bastien