[Orgmode] Re: org-mode 4.64

From: Leo
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-mode 4.64
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 01:33:05 +0000

Thank you, Carsten for this wonderful package with constant
improvement.

On 2007-02-06, Carsten Dominik said:

[...]
> * Detailed description of changes
>
>   - The descriptive part of links to email messages can be configured
>     using the variable `org-email-link-description-format'.  The new
>     default is "Email %c: %.30s" and leads to
>
>        Email from NAME: SUBJECT

Very nice feature. The issue is it usually break in the middle of a
word which made the description look odd. Can it be improved to do
either of the following:

      1) if the break position is in the middle of a word, include that
         word.
      2) add '...' (just an example) to the end of the break position

I don't know which one is better though I like 1) more.

[...]
>   - A line consisting only of "-", and at least 5 of them, is
>     exported into HTML as <hr/>, as proposed by Giovanni Ridolfi.

Slowly more and more mark up rules are introduced into org. Is there a
standard/popular Wiki Markup rules we can use for org, maybe like the
one used for emacswiki? Any other suggestions?

[...]
>       - I have been considering to move, at some stage, the template
>         functionality into remember.el itself - which would of course
>         require consent of the remember.el maintainers.  I am not
>         sure how well this would work though, since some things like
>         the interactive time stamps are org.el specific, so treating
>         them would require special hooks.  Comments?

The template functionality seems generally useful. So I think move it
to remember is a good choice.