Re: [Orgmode] POLL: Removing obsolete variables and features

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] POLL: Removing obsolete variables and features
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:28:22 +0100

On Feb 21, 2007, at 9:11, Egli Christian ((KIRO 43)) wrote:

;; FIXME: This variable could be removed, default nil
(defcustom org-agenda-include-all-todo nil

I am using this to see all the todos that I have not scheduled in my
agenda. Why would you want to remove it? What would the alternative be
if this variable was no longer? Always pressing C-u M-x org-agenda?

Alternatives are:

1. C-u C-c a      (as you mention above)

2. Call C-c a t whenever you want to look at your TODO entries.

3. Making a custom agenda command that includes both the TODO list
   and the agenda as two separate blocks.  You may even redefine
   the "a" key, so that you get this still with `C-c a a':

     (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
         '(("a" "todo and agenda"
                ((alltodo) (agenda)) nil)))

And of course I can leave that variable in - the simplification is
minimal in this case.

- Carsten