[O] How to move up/down a headline but not the subtree?

From: Alain . Cochard
Subject: [O] How to move up/down a headline but not the subtree?
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2018 11:40:02 +0200

Hello.

I am aware of org-move-subtree-up/down, which moves the entire
subtree.

I am also aware of org-shiftmetaup/down which moves the line[fn:1] (also
works for a headline).

What I would like to do is to be able to move a headline with
everything up to (but not including) its first subheading.

Does anyone know how to do that?

I am also interested in knowing if there are specific (deep?) reasons
why this seemingly basic operation, which I see as the analogous of
org-do-promote/demote and perform very often with standard (but
tedious) emacs editing commands, is not already implemented.

Thanks,
Regards

PS: I know that worg is not org, but I take the opportunity to mention
that the Org-mode reference card seems to me to be outdated in this
respect (orgmode.org/worg/orgcard.html):

    M-S-UP/DOWN  move subtree/list item up/down

[fn:1] I am surprised I can't find it in the manual -- I find it
extremely useful.

--
EOST (École et Observatoire des Sciences de la Terre)
IPG (Institut de Physique du Globe) | address@hidden