Re: [O] How to move up/down a headline but not the subtree?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] How to move up/down a headline but not the subtree?
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2018 11:46:22 +0100

On Thursday,  5 Jul 2018 at 12:38, address@hidden wrote:
> Eric S Fraga writes on Thu  5 Jul 2018 10:44:
>
>  > Or, remembering that this *is* in fact a text editor, select
>  > heading and content, kill it, go where you want it placed, and yank
>  > it...?
>
> This is what I do so far... and qualify as tedious :-)

Well, it's a deterministic set of steps so you could record a macro to
do the selection and kill?  Then all you have to do is move and yank?

What was not clear in your OP was what happens to the first subheading?
Should it be promoted or does it suddenly become a child of another main
heading?

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.13-783-g97fac4