Re: [O] Bug: duplicated output in inline code block exports

From: Berry, Charles
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: duplicated output in inline code block exports
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2018 19:14:31 +0000

> On Jul 5, 2018, at 10:46 AM, William Denton <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Here's a very simple R command in an inline code block:
>
> # -----
> What is 1 + 1?  src_R{1+1} {{{results(=2=)}}}
> # -----
>
> Exporting this to PDF we get:
>
> # -----
> What is 1 + 1? 2 2

Or exporting to to latex

What is 1 + 1?  \texttt{2} \texttt{2}

The results macro gets initialized by `org-macro-initialize-templates' which is
run run before babel, the macro returns `=2=', and babel does not remove this
when it adds the result again.

A work-around is to put this null macro:

# ----
#+macro: results
# ----

in your buffer to strip out the existing inline results.

I do not get why this wasn't detected before - the pre-babel call to
{{{results( )}}} has been in the code since last year.

Also, shouldn't the docstring  for `org-macro-initialize-templates' mention
that "n", "author", "email", "keyword", "results", and "title" get set?

Chuck