Re: [O] newbie which LaTeX for PDF publish

From: adam
Subject: Re: [O] newbie which LaTeX for PDF publish
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2018 09:32:14 +1200

On Sun, 2018-09-02 at 11:04 +0100, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> On Saturday,  1 Sep 2018 at 22:12, adam wrote:
> >
> > Am on Ubuntu 16.04, org-version is 8.2.10
> >
> > Export to PDF C-c C-e l o  is working.
> > However I wish finer grain LaTeX control.
> >

> > For Export to PDF to work, I needed  pdftex
> But org exports to LaTeX, not TeX.  I.e. it exports to TeX with the
> assumption that the LaTeX macros are all available.
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> What finer grain control would you like that you cannot achieve using
> org directions such as #+latex: and #+begin_export latex?

I require management of TeX (TeX Live) for export to PDF (LaTeX).

The Tex Live manager (tlmgr) displays available fonts, loads and removes fonts
and other
packages.
https://www.tug.org/texlive/doc/tlmgr.html

Sure, pdftex (from texlive-latex-extra) enables org-mode export to PDF, however
the
fonts available are opaque within the TexLive environment without tlmgr.
Navigation of TexLive customizations, set with install-tl are opaque without
tlmgr.

packages for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS can be seen here,
https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=texlive

using the TexLive installer  install-tl  can be seen here,
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/1092/how-to-install-vanilla-texlive-on-debian-or-u
buntu

In other words, org-mode export to PDF assumes a pdftex, and the
tex/texlive/LaTex
environment is up to the user to simply provide a pdftex.