Re: [O] Visualizing org files

From: stardiviner
Subject: Re: [O] Visualizing org files
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 13:27:20 +0800

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <address@hidden> writes:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm a long org-mode user and I absolutely love it. During the years I've been
> using org,
> nothing else came close to being so simple and so powerful as org - and I a
> lot tried
> different productivity apps.
>
> One thing that would nicely complement org, in my opinion, would be a
> visualization mode
> for its buffers. Right now I sometimes use Freeplane*[0] to draft/brainstorm
> complex
> ideas or problems/solutions and then attach it to an org item and write more
> specific
> action items there.
>
> It'd be nice to have everything in a Freemind map, if needed. What I'm
> proposing is a way
> to visualize org buffers in Freeplane and vice-versa.
>
> It could also be a script that uses something like graphviz*[1] to create a
> graph of one
> or more org buffers, like Sasha Chua did here:
> http://pages.sachachua.com/evil-plans/,
> although I prefer using Freeplane since it allows me to edit the org file as
> a mind-map,
> visually, if I want.
>
> I think a script to automatically transform the Freeplane XML to org
> and vice-versa

I have same idea. I know there is an package called ox-freemind. It can export
Org to mindmap. The really awesome is real-time synchronize visualization Org
and Mindmap program. I don't know how to implement at Freemind or Freeplane etc
mindmap program side. But Org side should not be that hard, because markdown
real-time preview is possible.

--
[ stardiviner ] don't need to convince with trends.
       Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/