Re: [O] Highlighting list item bullets

From: Grant Rettke
Subject: Re: [O] Highlighting list item bullets
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 10:40:41 -0500

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 8:25 AM Alex Helfet <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have a very early prototype working and wanted some feedback about whether
> you would be interested in this feature upstream, or perhaps
> including it in a package would be a better bet.

That looks great.

There are already more than a few snippets out there to do something
like that that but they all probably do it differently. For example
mine just because I wanted em-dashes

(font-lock-add-keywords
 'org-mode
    0 (prog1 () (compose-region (match-beginning 1) (match-end 1) "—")))))

So you've got my vote for putting it in a package: