Re: [O] Bug: org-agenda-filter-by-top-heading does not filter [9.1.14 (r

From: Adrian Bradd
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: org-agenda-filter-by-top-heading does not filter [9.1.14 (release_9.1.14-908-gf1269e)]
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 13:57:27 -0400

Hello,

... it'd find "Root" if point were on any of the tasks. If I'm reading your report correctly, you're assuming that with point on the "task 2", it'd take *that* as the top-level heading and filter to all the tasks under it (task 2.1, etc). Instead, it finds "Root" and filters to everything thing under that, which---in your example file---is the same
thing, so you don't see any change.

Otherwise, its possible that the intent is to filter for the top headline ("Root" in this case) in a specific file. I noticed that in the original example if you filter a task that has a top headline in f1.org of "Root" it would also present tasks under the "Root" headline from f2.org.

Cheers,

--
Adrian Bradd