[O] Problems producing TikZ PNGs from LaTeX src blocks

From: Christian Moe
Subject: [O] Problems producing TikZ PNGs from LaTeX src blocks
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2018 11:39:12 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to generate a PNG file with a TikZ picture from a LaTeX src
block, looking at instructions here:
https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-LaTeX.html

I try this:

#+header: :file "tikzpic.png" :fit yes :results raw file :exports results
:headers '("\\usepackage{tikz}")
#+begin_src latex
  \begin{tikzpicture}
   \draw [fill=green] (0,4) -- (3,0) -- (-3,0) -- cycle;
  \end{tikzpicture}
#+end_src

Expected result: A tikzpic.png image of a green triangle.

Actual result: A tikzpic.png image (attached) that only shows the line
of TikZ code. It seems that the :headers argument isn't working.

If I add a #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{tikz} line to my document, I can
export latex blocks as well as latex src blocks as drawings within an
exported PDF. But exporting the image as a PNG file continues to fail
(in this case, for some reason, the above src block results in an empty
image, no longer showing either the code or the intended picture).

What might I be missing?

Yours,
Christian