Re: [O] R source code block :session

From: William Denton
Subject: Re: [O] R source code block :session
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 14:10:07 -0400 (EDT)

On 30 September 2018, Berry, Charles wrote:

Notice the "R> " prompt that prefixes the actual output.

The issue is that babel has to clean up dangling prompts from the R session
buffer and is currently not smart enough to do this in your case.
I think your easiest path forward is to use the default R prompt. Or maybe use
these header args:

        :session :results value drawer :prologue "capture.output({" :epilogue
"})"

Having the "library" call in its own block, with results silent, also works.

#+NAME: setup
#+BEGIN_SRC R :session :results silent
library(ascii)
#+END_SRC

#+NAME: test01
#+BEGIN_SRC R :session :results output
numstbl <- table(1:4, 1:4)
summary(numstbl)
#+END_SRC

That's how I usually do things, perhaps because I use "ℝ>" as m prompt and I ran into the same problem but found this got around it (though it's been a while and I can't remember for sure). It also saves time when rerunning code because I don't reload stuff over and over.

Bill
--
William Denton :: Toronto, Canada   ---   Listening to Art:
https://listeningtoart.org/