gnewsense-art

Re: [gNewSense-art] [Gnewsense-dev] Greetings, and a small project?

From: George Roberge
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-art] [Gnewsense-dev] Greetings, and a small project?
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 12:00:02 -0400

On Mar 29, 2014, at 11:38, Felipe López <address@hidden> wrote:

Greetings.

A quick update: I played around a little this morning and tried to
improve the brochure a little bit.  I'll continue on another time.
http://www.andforthelamb.org/docs/GnewsenseBrochure.pdf

I like it, George. I think the layout works well in general. Some recommendations:

* I see a reference to LibreOffice.org, but that software is not included in gNewSense 3, which is the current stable version.

Good point, thank you.  I used LibreOffice, and clearly had a lapse there.

* I'd move the screenshots a bit, so that they don't get folded. It would be better if they are in the middle of each panel.

Good idea.

* I didn't check your source files, but you should import screenshots in the highest resolution possible and then scale them down. If you import screenshot thumbnails, they may look good enough on screen, but won't look that good when printed.

Will do.

* Maybe obvious but print some tests on regular paper to check colors, resolution and folding.

I did once, and found that the text was a little washed out by the background.  I'll keep testing though!

Now I want to design a brochure too, but can't :)

Have fun with yours,

--
Luis Felipe López Acevedo
http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/