Re: Some more fixes to make release happen

From: Ladislav Michl
Subject: Re: Some more fixes to make release happen
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 13:18:44 +0100

Hi there,

I fixed MSVC6 build and deleted all other Visual Studio files as these
was results of upgrading from MSVC6 anyways. I also added solution for
Visual Studio Community 2022 (including installer project updated from
previous versions). I'm still not happy with external dependency
handling, so it will take some time to release.

Meanwhile, as it seems pretty obvious gnokii is lacking testers (and
probably users as well ;-)), let me express some ideas.

I'd release 0.6.32 as a bugfix release only. That means excluding API
breaking changes. So far, I'm aware of single one: 6d59b8b1a0f9
("Move callbacks from gn_data to gn_statemachine->callbacks") and I'd
suggest just reverting that before release.
That patch could be reapplied after release and more API breaking
changes introduced: all text inputs to be utf-8, move
gn_sms_delivery_report_status into union, etc... All targeting eventual
0.7 release ;-)

I'm now able to test on Linux, MacOS and Windows, but nothing more. By
releasing Visual Studio fixes mentioned above, there is not much more I
an do, so it is probably up to Pawel to remember how to prepare
release.

Comments, suggestions and objections welcome,
        ladis