gnotary-devel

[Gnotary-devel] woody feline

From: Griffith Nunez
Subject: [Gnotary-devel] woody feline
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 19:29:34 -0400

I come in for brief periods, do the best work I can, then leave the team to its own devices afterwards - for awhile, or for good. In fact, you may have sensible reasons to insist on duplication. Justifiably, these people then become skeptical about polymorphism as well, because it is so strongly linked to inheritance. Devote some attention to spotting weak signals and amplifying them. Draw a vertical line down the middle, and a horizontal line through. Did it have the expected shortcomings ? So systems of this sort tend to have provisions for garbage collection and removal.
We look into it, and determine that the cause is some code Diana and Joe wrote yesterday makes some unwarranted assumptions.
So I walk up to Joe and his pair, and suggest we swap. I come in for brief periods, do the best work I can, then leave the team to its own devices afterwards - for awhile, or for good. Economical in effort - you have hardly moved a muscle.
A more proximate cause of the crash was that the main guidance computer interpreted an error message as if it had been a command to the boosters.
The payoff is early intervention - think of smoke detectors.
These are initially thought up to make things more regular, less chaotic, and therefore easier to arrange in effective ways. But I find myself looking at the issue from the other side. Only the rigidity remains. So I walk up to Joe and his pair, and suggest we swap.
Now, more than one protein can have the proper shape to fit into that slot.
Draw a vertical line down the middle, and a horizontal line through.
We look into it, and determine that the cause is some code Diana and Joe wrote yesterday makes some unwarranted assumptions.
There are fewer places to modify when the requirements change.
Justifiably, these people then become skeptical about polymorphism as well, because it is so strongly linked to inheritance.
I could start broadening my skills to play the job market better, but my position is being moved offshore next month.
It looks great as documentation, but is more cumbersome to write.
Who owns the ability to make Joe a better coder? In fact, you may have sensible reasons to insist on duplication. This ups the ante for someone who would review the code without being intimately familiar with it. Bill is an excellent programmer, and his quotes code looked flawless. Contraints arise from procedures, rules, habits, norms, definitions, titles, etc.
Bill is an excellent programmer, and his quotes code looked flawless. And ran into a few enlightening problems.
We invest time in refactoring duplication out of the code. Devote some attention to spotting weak signals and amplifying them.
interesting ideas about the inner workings of hash tables.