gnotary-devel

[Gnotary-devel] grandstand

From: Nannie Gunn
Subject: [Gnotary-devel] grandstand
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 07:27:10 -0700

William Butler Yeats once said, "Out of the quarrel with others, we make rhetoric; out of the quarrel with ourselves poetry. I'm working out with them what topics I'll be covering.
Of course, everyone is familiar with the Broadway musical and movie of the same name, but what about the immortal "Smelly. They want us to do all that and all the new stuff. The bigger and less cross-functional your project, the less impact they have.
Or there's maintenance work to do.
If you like the phrase mental masturbation, let me know that too.
But what does that mean?
That doesn't quite fit for me either. Dale is posting his progress online. "Yeah, but it won't be very much. Once people can see complete work out of the project team, they have some assurance the team will actually deliver something and can watch for more deliverables. I have no idea how far along I am. Did a Greg Louganis on the table in my office. But you might have a problem where people are assigned to too many projects, so they can't make progress on yours.
Our users won't let us.
"Yeah, but it won't be very much. The team doesn't quite finish what they need to do for an iteration. Or there's maintenance work to do.
I'm pleased to see how well it works for writing a natural language too. At the Frankfurt Book Fair, Google launched a new literacy site,. Surely there was work they could do in a week.
If you're working in an agile lifecycle, your velocity will self-correct.
If you like the phrase mental masturbation, let me know that too.
That's ok, as long as something is complete.
If you like the phrase mental masturbation, let me know that too.