Latin-9 (euro) support for Emacs 20

From: Dave Love
Subject: Latin-9 (euro) support for Emacs 20
Date: 04 Jan 2002 19:58:44 +0000

Apparently lots of people have recently realized they have to use a
new currency symbol, and for the moment may be stuck with Emacs 20
(e.g. in Debian Woody) which doesn't support it.  On this occasion
I've broken with normal practice and back-ported Emacs 21.1's Latin-9
support to Emacs 20.  I think it should work in Emacs 20.3 to 20.7,
though I suspect you don't want to be running anything earlier than
20.4, and should use Emacs 21 if you can.

You should be able to put the following two files on `load-path' --
but note the caveat in the commentary -- and just `(load "latin-9")'
in .emacs, for instance.  Lightly tested in Emacs 20.7, but it's been
a long time...

Sorry about the ironic country of origin, but one has to contribute
one's tuppence-worth.  Payment in €s is acceptable for UK exports.