Re: vc.el - Implementation of cvs admin -mrev:message file

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: vc.el - Implementation of cvs admin -mrev:message file
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 05:59:53 GMT

> The CVS admin -m command allows updating of checkin comments of any version.
> The following implements that functionality.

> I would like to use completing-read to read the REV number? Anyone know
> how to do it?

If you use a recent version of PCL-CVS (i.e. from the CVS repository of
Emacs), you can hit `l' to get the cvs log, then go to the message you want
to change and hit `e'.

Completion is disappointing for this kind of command:
- it's a fair bit of work.
- it's slow, especially with remote repositories.
- it's pretty useless here because the version-string space is "dense",
  so the completion will complete "1." for you and that's about it.

        Stefan