Re: calendar-goto-iso-week

From: Detlev Zundel
Subject: Re: calendar-goto-iso-week
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 19:42:16 +0200

Kevin Rodgers <address@hidden> wrote:

> Detlev Zundel wrote:
>  > This is incredibly useful.  Could you please post this on
>  > emacs.devel so it could get included in the main calendar.el?
>
> More precisely, mailto:address@hidden

Thanks.

> Regardless, wouldn't it be easier for calendar-goto-iso-date to simply
> provide the beginning of the week as a default, just like it provides
> the current year as a default:

[...]

I think your patch has its merit without calendar-goto-iso-week.
However I repeatedly have to check the date for a calendar week while
being on the phone and then I want to type (and visually parse) as
few as possible so I still think the separate function has value on
its own.

And to be honest, I didn't even realize I was able to achieve this
goal with 'calendar-goto-iso-date' as I was never able to deduce this
from the function name without checking the actual code.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
Each language has its purpose, however humble. Each language expresses
the Yin and Yang of software. Each language has its place within the Tao.

But do not program in COBOL if you can avoid it.
                           -- The Tao of Programming