Re: All-caps

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: All-caps
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:39:14 -0600

Joe Corneli wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions and the ping Kevin.  BTW, its "CORNELI"
> :). Here is a revised version of the mode, incorporating everyone's
> nice suggestions and one additional fix, and giving credit to all.

You're welcome, and I'm sorry for misspelling your name -- I know how
annoying that is.

I've been wondering how to generalize the "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz"
string for our non-ASCII friends, and came up with this:

(let ((lowercase-letters '()))
  (map-char-table (lambda (key value)
                    (if (and (char-valid-p key)
                             (equal (char-syntax key) ?w)
                             (not (equal (upcase key) key)))
                        (setq lowercase-letters (cons key lowercase-letters))))
                  text-mode-syntax-table)
  (nreverse lowercase-letters))

--
Kevin Rodgers