Re: KDE Emacs package - C++ and Qt/KDE development package

From: Zack Rusin
Subject: Re: KDE Emacs package - C++ and Qt/KDE development package
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 15:56:17 -0400

On Sunday 26 September 2004 14:19, Richard Stallman wrote:
>>>  One of its advantages is that it does not require use of C++.
>> Neither does KDE or Qt.
> Can they be used from C?

Yes, of course. We have kdec and QtC. In fact they both were used to
generate the first version of Qt# (Qt C# bindings). So they work very
nicely.

Essentially there's no language we couldn't support. We have an
incredible and fairly new library called Smoke
(http://developer.kde.org/language-bindings/smoke/index.html) with
which we could export KDE/Qt api to every language with very little
effort. For example Ruby bindings use it
http://developer.kde.org/language-bindings/ruby/index.html .

Zack

--
life is what happens during long compiles.