Re: live-bookmarks.el --- visit bookmarks from any buffer

From: spamfilteraccount
Subject: Re: live-bookmarks.el --- visit bookmarks from any buffer
Date: 12 Nov 2005 11:41:48 -0800

> Sounds great. Could you give a little more instruction on how to use
this? Perhaps an example.

Currently, I'm taking over a big legacy software package. During
reading the code I write down my observations to a text file. When a
note refers to a notable point of the source code then I make a
bookmark and write the name of the bookmark after the text of the note.

This way when I revisit my notes later I don't have to remember which
exact part of the source code a particular note refers to, since I can
jump right there with live-bookmarks.

places.el
(http://groups.google.com/group/gnu.emacs.sources/browse_thread/thread/a3d72eb814ffa7f1/61c75c50ebec51dd#61c75c50ebec51dd)
is an other simple tool I wrote to follow function call sequences
belonging to particular use cases, but lately I use live-bookmarks
instead.

BTW, I also wrote annotation-mode
(http://groups.google.com/group/gnu.emacs.help/browse_thread/thread/e71fae85eee20510/639eaa3d68e62d58?lnk=st&q=emacs+annotate&rnum=6#639eaa3d68e62d58)
for annotating the actual source code files. I forgot to post it to
gnu.emacs.sources. It might be interesting to some who don't follow
gnu.emacs.help and therefore missed it.