mo-mode.el -- decode and view .mo message files

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: mo-mode.el -- decode and view .mo message files
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 08:28:08 +1100

This is a little spot of code for viewing gettext .mo and .gmo files
via msgunfmt.  It's good for browsing mo files installed under
/usr/share/locale if you haven't got the po sources handy.

I wrestled with a few ideas for this before simply munging the bytes
in the buffer.  Perhaps a more structured way would allow re-writing
with msgfmt (though that's really not needed), or avoid danger of
rewriting the file as text.