bongo.el --- flexible and usable media player

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: bongo.el --- flexible and usable media player
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 06:10:20 +0100

Bongo is a buffer-oriented media player for Emacs,
contemporary with and comparable to EMMS 2.0.

Like EMMS, Bongo stores file names and URLs in playlists,
and calls external players to actually play things.
(Currently, mpg123, mplayer, VLC, ogg123, speexdec, TiMidity
and MikMod, with pausing and seeking for the first three.)

The main advantage of Bongo over EMMS is its stronger focus
on usability and on presenting a consistent user interface.
Just install bongo.el, load it, and type M-x bongo.  We have
done what we can to make sure that this Just Works.

You might read this introduction first:

   <http://www.brockman.se/software/bongo/>

and Debian and Ubuntu packages called `bongo', and a Savannah
project page at <http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/bongo/>.

(We have not yet gotten around to writing a manual, so you
run no risk of being told to RTFM on the mailing list.)

Bongo works best on Emacs 22 development snapshots, but it
was recently ported to Emacs 21.  You will need a support
file `bongo-emacs21.el', available at the above URL.
For Last.fm functionality, you will need `lastfm-submit.el',
available at the same location.  You get everything in one
fell swoop if you grab a copy of the Darcs repository:

   $ darcs get http://www.brockman.se/software/bongo/

Well, here is the code, anyway.

Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>