Re: realplay.el interface with Real Player v. 1879

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: realplay.el interface with Real Player v. 1879
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 12:32:46 -0400

    Yes there is the Helix Player which is GPL if I recall properly.

Helix is the top level of RealPlayer.  I recall that its license is
something unusual, not the GNU GPL, and I do not recall whether it is
a free license.  But I am sure that it only handles the container
level.  It has to call codecs, and these codecs are not in general free.