Re: realplay.el interface with Real Player v. 1879

From: Stefan Arentz
Subject: Re: realplay.el interface with Real Player v. 1879
Date: 07 Jul 2007 10:49:47 +0200

> Since RealPlayer is non-free software, not respecting users' freedom,
> we don't want to legitimize its use.
>
> RealPlayer is very well known, probably having more users than Emacs.
> So it is ok to have a package for using Emacs with RealPlayer; I think
> its main effect will be to encourage use of Emacs, not encourage
> installation of RealPlayer.

PalmOS is als well known and also has a lot more users than Emacs. But
there you say it is unethical to use it and support should be
dropped.

Personally I don't really see the difference between PalmOS and
RealPlayer. Both are non-free, proprietary, closed and
unethical. Maybe you have some secret agenda but these ad-hoc opinions
and suggestions to package writers are rather weird to read. They are
amusing though :-)

 S.