Re: [OT] Re: realplay.el interface with Real Player v. 1879

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: realplay.el interface with Real Player v. 1879
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 09:42:42 -0400

    The difference between Richard's and your perspective is that your
    approach is possibly focusing more on the usability issues and
    allowing users to benefit from a free platform while still being
    able to access proprietary content as easily as users of closed
    proprietary systems. I think Richard's perspective would be that
    this has the danger of giving up some of our freedoms without
    really realising what we may be sacrificing in the long term for a
    short term gain (i.e. access to the proprietary content). Richar's
    perspective is likely that if you believe your freedom is
    important enough, you will sacrifice short term access to the
    content in favor of protecting your long-term freedom.

You have it exactly right.