Re: realplay.el interface with Real Player v. 1879

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: realplay.el interface with Real Player v. 1879
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 00:51:59 -0400

    > Does the mplayer site include a list of non-free codecs?  Does it say
    > where to get them?  That would encourage people to install them.

    Yes.

That's the problem I thought there was.

    These people have done a lot for your goals (maybe with the `wrong'
    motives, but why care?).

This isn't about their motives.  This is about whether recommending
mplayer serves our goals or undermines them.

    BTW, mplayer is listed in the `Free Software Directory' on www.gnu.org.
    With your understanding of "encouragement" this encourages the use of
    mplayer.

Thanks for informing me about this.  I did not know it was listed.  We
need to look at removing it.