Re: [OT] Re: realplay.el interface with Real Player v. 1879

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: realplay.el interface with Real Player v. 1879
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 00:52:15 -0400

    > It seems that EMMS is a GNU package--a separate one.
    > I will look at the situation with EMMS and mplayer.

    What do you mean by "situation"?

It means, the relevant facts.  I don't want to reach a premature
conclusion.

    Which means that EMMS tries mpg321 (for mp3s), ogg123 (for ogg vorbis)
    and then mplayer (for pretty much everything else). EMMS does not
    recommend the use of mplayer.

    Does the simple fact of allowing users to use mplayer means "encouraging"?

No.  There is a difference between invoking mplayer if it is
installed, and recommending it.

This suggests that there is no real problem regarding EMMS.