Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything

From: rubikitch
Subject: Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 02:19:13 +0900 (JST)

From: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
Subject: ;;; anything.el --- open anything
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 04:38:35 -0700

> This package provides a single command (M-x anything) and as I type
> the results are shown in a structured format. No need to tell emacs
> first I want to switch to a buffer, open a file or a manual page. See
> the commentary in the header.

Cool! I love it!!

I like menu using `read-char' rather than TAB and digit shortcut.
So I hacked up it.

(defvar anything-select-in-minibuffer-keys "asdfjkl;")

;; It is based on anything-select-action, so it needs refactoring.
(defun anything-select-action-in-minibuffer ()
  "Select an action for the currently selected candidate in minibuffer."
  (interactive)
  (if anything-saved-sources
      (error "Already showing the action list"))

  (setq anything-saved-selection (anything-get-selection))
  (unless anything-saved-selection
    (error "Nothing is selected."))

  (let ((actions (anything-get-action)))
    (message "%s" (apply #'concat
                         (loop for action in actions
                               for i from 0 collecting
                               (format "[%c]%s\n"
                                       (elt anything-select-in-minibuffer-keys
i)
                                       (car action)))))
    (let* ((key (read-char))
           (idx (rindex anything-select-in-minibuffer-keys key)))
      (or idx (error "bad selection"))
      (setq anything-saved-action (cdr (elt actions idx)))
      (anything-exit-minibuffer))))

(defvar anything-saved-action nil
  "Saved value of the currently selected action by key.")
;; Redefined
(defun anything-execute-selection-action ()
  "If a candidate was selected then perform the associated
action."
  (let* ((selection (if anything-saved-selection
                        ;; the action list is shown
                        anything-saved-selection
                      (anything-get-selection)))
         (action (or anything-saved-action
                     (if anything-saved-sources
                         ;; the action list is shown
                         (anything-get-selection)
                       (anything-get-action)))))

    (if (anything-list-but-not-lambda-p action)
        ;; select the default action
        (setq action (cdar action)))

    (if (and selection action)
        (funcall action selection))))

(define-key anything-map "\C-k" 'anything-select-action-in-minibuffer)

--
rubikitch
http://www.rubyist.net/~rubikitch/